Does your child have difficulty studying for tests?
Do your kids complain that they know the material but can’t remember it for the test?
This 5 week online seminar, sponsored by Stefano & Associates and presented by Abby Smith, M.A. will provide your middle school aged child with strategies they can use to study for tests as well as aid in comprehending and retaining information.
This seminar will be offered on Wednesday evenings from 5:00-6:00 pm starting June 17, 2020 and running until July 15, 2020. For more information or to register, please click here: Picture It Virtual Seminar
“ I don’t know how to write this essay, paragraph, answer” .
This 5 week online seminar, sponsored by Stefano & Associates and presented by Abby Smith, M.A. will provide your child with strategies and models they can use to write well organized paragraphs and essays. Topics will include a modified outline strategy, practice in creating a complex topic sentence and/or thesis as well as a strategy for using quotes and analyzing them. Many of these ideas can and will be used in high school as well as in college essays.
This seminar will be offered on Monday evenings from 5:00-6:30 pm starting June 22, 2020 and running until July 20, 2020. For more information or to register, please click here: I Don’t Know How to Write Virtual Seminar
Study Skills Seminar
- Does your child have difficulty studying for tests?
- Does she complain that she knows the material but can’t remember it for the test?
- Does he make careless mistakes or misread directions on assignments or tests?
Abby Smith, M.A., is a certified teacher with over 15 years of experience, and she continues to innovate and excite learners in her private practice. She is currently offering a six week seminar (sponsored by KSA) that will provide your child with strategies they can use to study for tests, as well as aid in comprehending and retaining information.
In addition to fun and engaging activities, the benefits of this seminar include:
- Small group setting that allows for individualization (making this seminar appropriate for students who have not benefited from more traditional approaches)
- Variety of materials and presentation method to keep reluctant learners engaged
- A binder full of examples and blank copies of the strategies that they will be able to take home and use in the future
- A parent training session that will teach the parent how to use the strategies, thus being able to help their children
Some of the topics covered in this seminar include:
- Using text speak and translating it into mnemonic devices to use for studying concepts
- Organizing materials into categories to link related concepts
- Exploring a wide variety of unique graphic organizers
- Testing and developing deductive reasoning through mystery solving
- Learning how to read directions and information.
This is a six-week seminar offered in the evening.
For more information regarding the availability of this seminar and to obtain additional information, please contact Abby Smith via email at firstname.lastname@example.org